Creation of Objects, Steps and Test data are much faster.
Evades development of Test Framework.
Simplifies Object Recognition using Render Image and Render text concepts.
Facilitate Test Management for non-technical people.
Easy to use for entry level testers.
Testing Teams are relieved from Tedious Testing activities
Though automation testing tools attenuate most of the tiresome issues faced by the software testers, Test maintenance is still a matter of contention for many software companies when it comes to recurring cost and time delays. Most of the progressive tools in the market could not shorten the delivery time of the developed software product to the end user on the grounds that they require framework to be built and scripting to be done for all the test while on repetition too. Moreover the yield of those tools, where record and playback is practiced, worsens when application changes. Application changes always demands the requirement to record tests over and over again without which test automation would be useless.
With AscentialTest, Testers can spend MORE time on Testing
AscentialTest, the next generation software testing tool is built by combining Object-Based and No Scripting Test-Automation. The inbuilt features allows a tester to be more productive and focused so that they need spend their time on scripting and developing frameworks.
Testing tools with recorder facility though easy to use, are easily breakable due to continual changes in coding and re-recording. These UIs takes more time and is troublesome from the maintenance point of view. In AscentialTest tool,
- Using inbuilt methods for the objects created, one can create object actions to test their application.
- These actions rely on application objects which are mostly unique as AT do not use object attributes on the user interface (which often changes).
- Actions can be as sophisticated as needed ( for e.g.) with conditional and iterative declarations.
- Actions are also be grouped into “steps,” reusable in multiple tests for higher productivity.
Designing and maintaining a Test frame work requires more investment on time and resources with the high knowledge on programming skills and test automation along with implementation. In AscentialTest tool,
- The work of a tester is simplified as the tool avoids the need to develop or maintain a framework.
- The framework for a project gets automatically built based on the steps generated from the captured snapshots.
Test cases require periodic revision depending on the project you work with. It is mandatory to record them again and again every time whenever a test utilizes it. In AscentialTest,
A tester can cut down the need for creating the same test actions multiple times. Each step created can be reused in as many tests as you need. When the application evolves or changes, simply when you update a step, all the tests that use it will be automatically updated. This wondrous course of action curtails test maintenance and allows testers to focus on testing.
Lack of programming knowledge can halt the excitement of testing, when it comes to Data-Driven testing. Besides, more number of data files with correct data type are supposed to be created and maintained by the tester for every test case.
AscentialTest subscribe to create data-driven testing faster and much easier by creating the tables to store test data and automatically linking them to the relevant test actions. Every data table is associated with a record automatically which in turn is associated with the data field. This mode of operation separates data and tests:
- Record holds the datatypes for all the data fields.
- The data is not stored with the test.
- A single test can use multiple datasets.
- A single test can run against different set of data.
- The number of tests to create and maintain is reduced.
Whenever the GUI is changed, We do not need to change steps or tests. AscentialTest uses a repository to list the objects of the application:
- It captures the screen and automatically lists the objects composing it.
- Actions are defined by selecting the related objects methods by drag & drop.
- When developers modify the UI (moving or resizing items, changing labels, etc.) the tests are not impacted.
- If an object is modified in the application, its definition is updated in the repository.
AscentialTest includes an innovative type of action called “selector.” It facilitates the manipulation of complex objects (custom tables, trees, grids,…). With a single instruction, it allows interacting with the elements of these objects, simplifies against 10 to 20 lines of code usually (click on a particular line in a table, get a certain value on this line, etc.). Instead of creating work arounds, just Go with selectors to get it with a single instruction.
Tests in AscentialTest automatically generates the tables containing the test data, retrieving the test parameters – manual or automated – associated with the data. Records associated with tables in AscentialTest allows to keep them in the datatype expected by the test. No need to convert them, as it is often the case with spreadsheets.
A test created on a single browser will work with all supported browsers and browser versions.
AscentialTest developers are committed to supporting all new versions of the most popular browsers as they come out (see supported platforms).
AscentialTest has a feature Host Target model, allows the users to execute the tests in parallel on multiple target machines, hence test executions becomes faster. This improves the efficiency to complete the testing at a faster rate. AscentialTest also has a scheduler feature which helps to run nightly builds.
AscentialTest snapshot Technology allows the drag and drop feature which eliminates scripting and hence proving friendly and easy to use. AT has proved, it does not require experienced resources to use the product.