Ascential Test provides testing support for Power Builder applications from PB v6.x right upto the most current version of Appeon Power Builder
ASCENTIALTEST TOOL IS PERFECT TO WORK WITH PB
- Is built with strong path statements that can identify custom controls, which is very crucial for PB applications.
- Is less dependent on the version of the PowerBuilder, means user need not wait long for tool updation, to support advanced versions of PB applications.
- Possess powerful interactive methods that can analyze PB applications.
Here, the user feels his/her work is simplified and ends up with accurate results.
OTHER TESTING TOOLS DO NOT WORK WELL WITH PB
Most other automated testing tools
- Encounter certain limitations dealing with PowerBuilder applications, while handling custom controls, data grid , custom tree views and more.
- Some tools do not support the application because of DataWindow controls.
- Some tools even list power builder as a supported application, but donot interact much with the application.
Atlast, the user may end up with more work loads and approximations.
The Datawindow is recognized regardless of its presentation style: Form, Grid, Group, Tabular. The image below displays a Datawindow in the form of what we call a PbTable. It has rows and columns that can contain any number of control types (checkbox, popuplist, textfield, etc.).
POWER BUILDER TABLE SUPPORT
AscentialTest provides a special feature called a ‘selector’, which makes it easy to locate a row in a table based on a target value. In the example below, the selector has located the third row in the table because it contains the test value ‘Table Management’:
POWER BUILDER FORM SUPPORT
AscentialTest also recognizes the Datawindow in the form of what we call ‘PbForm’. Notice that the PbForm displayed below contains many different types of application objects including PbText, PbTextField, PbRadioGroup and PbCheckBox. These are only some of the control types that can be included on a form.
Other control types include:
PbCheckBox : PbComboList : PbComboTable : PbCompute : PbDataWindow : PbPopupList : PbPopupTable : PbRadioGroup : PbText : PbTextField
POWER BUILDER TOOL SUPPORT
Most PowerBuilder applications include tool bars with icons that represent application tasks. AscentialTest provides special recognition for those tool bar icons to make it easy to select them: