The Data Editor afford a convenient, spreadsheet-like attachment for creating and editing data files/tables which is directly correlated with application objects. The Data Editor window opens automatically when you start a session. Data Editor provides a visual interface where scheme is created automatically as the user drags and drops application objects. Data objects of arbitrary complexity can be created using built-in and user-defined data types to match the requirements of test scripts. Input errors are reduced as users select values from pick-lists.
Data Editor is fully integrated with the automated testing environment. Each time a data table is saved, Data Editor generates the necessary data structures in the target scripting language. Data access methods are provided in the target scripting language. There are no drivers or type conversions required. Test data is directly available in the type expected by the scripting language.
- Visually create test data tables
- Create test data structures of arbitrary complexity
- Automatically create tables via drag and drop from target application objects
- Import data from Excel or .csv format
- Automatically Generate data structures in target test tool language
- Provides simple query to access data at runtime
- Visual type checking for data input
- Automatically converts data for type changes
- Increases staff productivity
- Reduces effort to build test data tables
- Less scripting is required to automate testing tasks
- Reduces data input errors
- Increases throughput at runtime
- Reduces effort to create and maintain test data