Matryxsoft Solution team studies and understands the application under test to identify the automation tool which suits best for the application by doing a POC.
- Identify the Platforms and Technologies used.
- Identifies the Database and the back-end test data
- Identifies the controls been used
- Works across different testing tools and checks which has the best support to automate tests
- Finalizes on the test automation tool
Once the Tool is identified, a forecast on the application study will be done on how and where the development of the software application is moving ..
- We study on the progress of the technologies to be used in future and check on the support for the same from the identified automation tool.
- Perform an end to end test scenario to see how the controls are been developed and recognized by the automation tool.
Increasing the robustness of the tests
- Every application does have custom controls and we make sure to have a permanent solution or a good workaround for the custom classes which acts similar to standard control/classes.
- Object Repository will be created and every object will be followed with the standard naming convention and make sure that right attribute is used to identify objects uniquely which may not affect the identification of the same in future development of the application.
- Every function written would be parameterized and make sure it is reusable.
- Inbuilt utility libraries which are built by Matryxsoft will be an added advantage to the project.
- Every Test will retrieve the inputs from a database to make sure change in data will not affect the developed scripts/functions
- Regression/Smoke/Integration suite Tests will be grouped to make sure the tests are executed according to the release.
- Make sure command line execution will be performed on the suites/tests which helps for CI execution
Increasing the productivity by test management
- Automated Project for every build will be versioned using the version control tool.
- Every project will be executed using Continuous Integration tool
- Every automated project will be bonded to a defect tracking tool
- Reports will be generated in an format (e.g. html/xml/pdf) with a high level and a low level reporting structure.
- Parallel execution will be supported to increase the performance and reduce the time of testing.
- Scheduler will be created for nightly builds.